3.20.2009

Music of the Week: ...Recent enough?

Hello everyone, it is friday afternoon, and I'm done with finals and at my dad's house in berkeley.
So here it is, the music of the week. Hopefully certain people will find this more up to snuff...but the point of this isn't to talk about 'AWESOME NEW MUSIC' but rather to talk about....good.... music. 

1. Spaceman by the Killers
And we'll start of this...re-boot...of sorts...with a totally new song. Check, check, check it outtt.
2. Clark Gable by The Postal Service
I feel like perhaps a slower remix of this belongs in a movie. 
3. Jezebel by Iron and Wine
Thank you EVA RENDLE. Seriously, the Eva's (Loney and Rendle) are definitely dominating in terms of being mentioned because they suggested a super awesome song. C'mon guys, someone catch up. 
4. Taylor by Jack Johnson
Oh, JJ. His most recent CD really lacked that defining song that you could just play anytime and be happy. It was missing a Taylor, Flake, Bubble Toes, Sitting Waiting Wishing...etc.
5. O L A by the Finches
I couldn't find a link, unfortunately. But, seriously...I keep mentioning the Finches...hint hint. 
6. Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Could have made a better music video. Maybe I'll write a blog about the actual song.
7. A Poem on the Underground Wall by Simon and Garfunkel
Just deal with the fact that I am going to mention great S&G songs in here. Next.
8. Society by Eddie Vedder
Thank you Pearl Jam man who was recruited by Sean Penn to do the music for Into the Wild. 
9. Grapevine Fires by Death Cab for Cutie
Its making a comeback after getting dropped last week.
10. Title and Registration by Death Cab for Cutie
A little older yes, but still a goodie. This is just a satisfying song for me. 
11. Ain't No Reason by Brett Dennen
Tell me it wasn't once again Rendle who got me into this...pleaseeeee!! But whoever did, he's got a few quite solid songs. They grow on you, just don't overdo them.
And, again!!!! Eva Loney hooks me up with my Neutral Milk Hotel wayyyy back in September and...as sexy phil would say...'I lovvveee itttt.' 

ANYway....I'm off to Zacharys Pizza on College and I don't know what I'll do from there. And tmrw its back to the 'nez. So I will talk to you all tomorrow. Good night, and good luck. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, so after reading all of this I have come to three simply conclusions.

1) You are adorable
2) You are a dork, but an adorable one at that
3) Will you go out with me?

Lol, I love it dude its really cool and I am glad that I decided to read it! Keep it up I will keep reading.

TwoKindsOfBlue said...

levi buddi. remember that cute gay guy matt? yeah, he's a repicky, too. so...go do your charming thing on him. :) and be my wingman. im just a freshman still.

Cyclingteacherguy said...

Love Society Brendan, there is a great video on You Tube that has pictures from Iraq as the song is played.....