4.07.2009

Music of the Week: Ah hell, its raining outside.

Good afternoon friends. It is raining in Davis, and I got...wait for it...SOAKED. Ugh.

Anyway, here is my music of the week.

1. The Wrestler by Bruce Springsteen
When I was home last my mom asked me to buy this for her on itunes, (because she still can't figure out how to use the damn thing) and I was like...oh shit, this IS a good song. (Even though I never did see The Wrestler).
I used to enjoy the song, but only started to once again when I watched the trailer for one of two movies that I have not stopped thinking about over the past few days...Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. I will be blogging on these movies very, very soon.
3. Daniel's Song by the Finches
Yes, it keeps moving back up. Its just a great freakin song. Can we all agree on that already?
4. Orange Sky by Alexi Murdoch
I had heard this song somewhere, once before. But then during the ER finale, they played a preview for this new show, Southland, only like a million times, and this song was in it. Soooo...there you go.
5. New Slang by the Shins
Wasn't this the song that as Sam in Garden State said, "will change your life." ??
6. Nothing Better by The Postal Service
Will someone please call the surgeon already? Peter Benton anyone? (To ER fans)
7. Sodom, South Georgia by Iron and Wine
YES...it is returning. When I need a slow, soothing song, this is something I can always turn to.
8. Clark Gable by The Postal Service
And when I need a faster, but still smart and graceful song, this is something I can always turn to.
9. Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
I opted for this live version because they slowed the song down a little bit, and that is probably what really makes me love the song. 
10. Fair by Remy Zero
I had some trouble finding a legit video for this...so this one will have to do. I guess perhaps I'm in a Garden State mood today?
11. Bluebird of Happiness by Mojave 3
Hayley is the only person I will share with where I got this song...because we both used to watch this show. Everyone else, just enjoy the melody.

No comments: